1. The purpose of searching trademark in Myanmar
Up till now, although the Soft-Opening for re-filing trademark application in Myanmar under new law has official commenced since October 01, 2020, the trademark database in Myanmar is still not available. Thus, the search will be conducted on our database sources from the publication of the Cautionary Notice in twelve local newspapers which are mostly used by the trademark lawyers and have been updated since June, 1981. However, the publication of Cautionary Notice on newspaper is not compulsory by old law, so the search cannot guarantee as to perform on all declared trademark ownership Declarations.
There are multi-purposes of searching trademark in Myanmar. Among other things, conducting a full similarity trademark search not only estimates about possible chance of success in registration of a new trademark to avoid unnecessary registration fees but also helps to foresee and avoid possible infringement issues.
Such searches even give search requesters opportunities to detect identical or similar trademark applications/registrations in time to proceed with necessary actions.
A proprietor name search helps to find out all recorded Declarations of Trademark Ownership of such proprietor, if they were published on the local newspapers.
2. Types of searching trademark in Myanmar
Ageless provides with best price and services quality of searching trademark in Myanmar. Based on available data sources and practice in Myanmar, Ageless would like to offer some trademark search types as below:
2.1. Full similarity searching trademark in Myanmar
– Ageless’ full similarity searching trademark in Myanmar will be performed based on our database sources from the publication of the Cautionary Notice in twelve local newspapers which are mostly used by the trademark lawyers and have been updated since June, 1981.
– The Search Report shows found identical/similar mark and includes full and detail professional opinion on the registrability, estimation chance of success for registration and use.
– Time frame: The trademark search report is expected to be available within 10 working days.
– The cost for conducting this type of trademark search in Myanmar will depend on:
• The number of searching trademark in Myanmar;
• The number of classes;
• The types of mark.
2.2. Proprietor name search
– Ageless’ proprietor name search report will provide you with all trademark published of such proprietor.
– Time frame: A proprietor name search report is expected to be available within 2-3 working days.
– The cost for conducting this type of search will depend on the number of proprietors and number of found trademarks.
3. Necessary information for conducting a searching trademark in Myanmar
For enabling us to conduct a trademark search and provide with more exact comments and analysis in our search report, kindly provide us with:
(i) The types of trademark searches;
(ii) The sample of the searching trademark in Myanmar;
(iii) The specific items of goods/services and their classification;
(iv) The name of the search requester, who may have already owned earlier identical/ similar trademark application or registration, if possible;
(v) The Latin transliteration & the meaning of the non-Latin characters (such as: Chinese, Korea, Thailand characters ….);
(vi) The trademark application/registration number, in case of checking a status trademark search in Myanmar.
Please be assured that all your provided information will be kept confidential, privileged and only for comments in the Search Report.
Should you need more information or further advice on searching trademark in Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org