The validation of European patent in Cambodia would significantly increase intellectual property protection for European patent holders.
Through the Validation Agreement that came into effect since March 01, 2018; Cambodia became a validation state of European Patent Office (EPO). This Validation Agreement is expected to extend the attractiveness of the EP system beyond Europe. It represents a reduction of both processing times and costs for applicants as well as administrative burden for the Cambodian Patent Office.
Accordingly, the following requirements must be met to validate European Patent in Cambodia:
– The European Patent in Cambodia must have a filing date on or after March 01, 2018;
– The claims of European Patent must be translated into Khmer language; and
Note: Cambodia will not validate pharmaceutical patent until the flexibilities under the WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) expired in 2033.
Ageless IP Attorneys & Consultants is proud to be the IP Agent to file the first Request of Validation for European Patent in Cambodia since the Agreement took effect. For your easy reference, our relevant costs for this service are as follows:
– Preparing and filing a Request for Validation of European Patent before the Cambodian Patent Office: US$ 300;
– Translating the first page of claims: US$ 30; and
– Translating each following 100 English words: US$ 12.
Should you have any further questions regarding validation of European Patent in Cambodia, please do not hesitate to contact us via our email email@example.com.