Dear Valued Associates,
Since the Memorandum of Understanding on the registration of patents signed between State IP Office (SIPO) of China and Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation (MISTI)* of Cambodia came into effects on April 01, 2018; statistics show hundreds of Chinese Patents have been successfully validated and granted for the invention patent in Cambodia, far exceeding the number of patents filed by other normal procedures.
It can be seen that the above MoU has proved its worth as an effective channel for Chinese enterprises and inventors to further expand their IP Rights outside China in timely and cost-efficient manners. There is a set of requirements which a Chinese Patent must meet to apply for validation of patent in Cambodia:
– That Chinese Patent must be in force at the time of lodgement of validation request for the patent in Cambodia;
– That Chinese Patent must have the filing date on or after the date of January 22, 2003 (the effective date of the Law on Patent of Cambodia); and
– That Chinese Patent must meet the Cambodian requirements for patentability, e.g, pharmaceutical patent in Cambodia will not validate until the flexibilities accorded under TRIPs expired, all documents including the specifications must be translated into the Khmer language, etc.
Accordingly, the required documents for validation can be listed as:
– The specification in the Khmer language;
– The original notarized Power of Attorney;
– Granted/Certified True Copy of Chinese patents.
As an IP Agent with nearly 20 years of experience operating in Intellectual property field, especially patent in Cambodia, we aim to provide our clients with the highest service and most competitive cost, particularly:
– We commit the time period to obtain the Certificate of Patent Registration in Cambodia from 03 – 06 months from filing; and
– Regardless of Official fees and Translation fees which are subjects to change since additional claim(s) may arise, our Attorney Fees from filing to granting is fixed at US$ 605 (inclusive of 10% VAT).
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via our email firstname.lastname@example.org or our Wechat ID:
We always remain at your disposal for any further questions at any time.
* As from March 26, 2020; the Ministry of Industry and Handicraft (MIH) has been officially renamed as the Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation (MISTI).