Up to now the Memorandum of Understanding on the registration of patents signed between State IP Office (SIPO) of China and Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation (MISTI) of Cambodia has been proving its worth as an effective channel for patent owners who residing outside China but obtained patent protection in China to further establish their IP rights in Cambodia. According to this Memorandum of Understanding, it is possible to validate Chinese patent in Cambodia since March 2018.
The statistics show hundreds of Chinese Patents have been successfully validated and granted in Cambodia, far exceeding the number of patents filed by other normal procedures.
There is a set of requirements which a Chinese Patent in Cambodia must meet to apply for validation:
– That Chinese Patent in Cambodia must be in force at the time of lodgment of validation request;
– That Chinese Patent in Cambodia must have the filing date on or after the date of January 22, 2003 (the effective date of the Law on Patent of Cambodia); and
– That Chinese Patent must meet the Cambodian requirements for patentability.
Accordingly, the required documents for validation of Chinese patent in Cambodia can be listed as:
– Specification in Khmer language;
– The original notarized Power of Attorney;
– Granted/Certified True Copy of Chinese patent in Cambodia.
Should you have any further questions regarding validation of Chinese patent in Cambodia, please do not hesitate to contact us via our email email@example.com.
With our experience of working in intellectual property field in Cambodia, we are committed to providing you with the best services quality and values.
We always remain at your disposal for any further question at any time.